The new train shed is done.
Based on a custom-made DuraTuf shed kit: I ordered a special one only 1.2m high, all one dark colour (no trim colour), with double doors for maximum access.
Jack built a full-scale "wireframe"of the shed out of wood lattice strips and we proved it wasn't going to fit when manoeuvering it under the deck onto its foundations.
I had to partially assemble it, cut it in half (Jack's idea), carry the halves down (thanks to my friend Jaco!), join it back up and finish it off onsite.
I added interior rails to support the upper deck, and cut down one end panel to create the train doorway.
Lined with building paper to reduce condensation.
Tons of room below the train deck for all our earthquake emergency supplies (this is New Zealand) and some gardening stuff.
3.4m long, 0.79m wide. I can fit 5, maybe 6 tracks in there. That's up to 20m of train storage!!
Lots of clearance underneath to keep the shed as dry as possible
The finished shed:
Now comes 12V lighting and battery charging cables.