Railways I'd like to ride one day
The world is full of enticing railroads to ride. One day I hope my son and I will share:
- the Khyber railway v(Pakistan)
- the Lhasa railway (Tibet) of course
- The Darjeeling railway. World Heritage listed
- The Gabon national railway from Libreville to Franceville. Described by The Economist as "the world’s most expensive railway".
- The Cusco railway (Peru) again
- Chihuahua Pacifico Railway (Mexico)
- Royal Gorge, Colorado
- East Broad Top, Pennsylvania
- Shanghai magnetic monorail
- French TGV
- Fort William to Mallaig, Scotland
- Swiss rack railways (i rode the Pilatus in 2013)
I'll keep updating this list as I come across them and I welcome suggestions.